FOI Request - Pre School Funded Childcare
1. What patterns and models of hours are offered to parents for statutory pre-school funded childcare in the local authority area?
2. What proportion of statutory pre-school funded childcare places are offered out with the standard morning or afternoon session, five days a week?
3. How many nurseries and other childcare providers, contracted by the Local Authority, offer statutory pre-school funded childcare places out with the school term time?
4. How many and what percentage of nurseries and other childcare providers, contracted by the Local Authority, offer statutory pre-school funded wraparound childcare places between the hours of 7am and 7pm, five days a week?
5. How many and what percentage of nurseries, and other childcare providers in the local authority area are open from 7am to 7pm, 5 days a week? Please provide a breakdown of nurseries and other providers contracted to provide statutory early learning and childcare, wholly privately funded and mixed.
6. As required under Part 6, section 46 of the Children and Young People (Scotland) Bill, what plans have been put in place to consult with parents of children under school age to ensure that statutory early learning and childcare fits their needs?
7. How many parents of children eligible for statutory pre-school funded childcare have been offered a statutory place with a provider that is different from their normal childcare provider?
Note: Early learning and childcare is not statutory and it is for parents / carers to decide whether they want their child to participate.
1. A funded place offers up to 600 hours or early learning and childcare which is delivered in 5 sessions of 3 hours 10 minutes per week. The quantity of sessions available may vary between providers.
4. There is 1 partnership early learning & childcare centre that offers this option (2.9%). The majority of our partnership centres only operate 3-5 year old early learning and childcare at 16 hours per week. The quantity of sessions available may vary between providers. Some centres also offer 2-3 groups or other services. A further 7 childminders (0.1%) offer this option or more.
5. See table here.
6. A questionnaire was commissioned in 2013. We will continue to consult regularly as required.
7. Not applicable – the parent/carer is asked to make 3 choices when requesting a funded place. When offering funded places those with existing attendance at a centre have priority.