FOI Request - ICT Budget and Providers
1. Number of Employees?
2. Do you have a set budget for IT projects and how & who manages this?
3. What is the ICT budget for all departments for April 2015-16
4. How is the ICT budget split between departments?
5. Are you under or over budget for the last 2 Financial Year?
6. Do you have any current or future IT projects i.e. BI, PBX replacement, Email migration, Storage, Cloud Strategy – if so what are they?
7. Do you have Project Managers to manage each project – if so please list them by project?
8. How many people are there within the IT Team and who manages this?
9. Can you provide your IT Org chart – showing management and those that report to them?
10. Do you use IT Solution Providers to help implement solutions – if so who are they and what do they do?
11. Which IT vendors do you use?
12. How much do you spend with each external IT Provider for the last 2 financial years?
13. Do you have any restrictions with using Cloud Services (public/private) – if so what IL level do they need to meet?
14. Is there a business requirement for cloud services?
15. Do you have funding available for a cloud project, or any pressing timescales/requirement? Is there a project Sponsor?
16. What is your experience / Knowledge of Cloud?
17. What is your experience / Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud? Or other vendors?
18. Do you have a current active Enterprise Agreement with MS and what is the renewal date?
19. What is your current Email platform and version?
20. What is your current version of SharePoint, and what do you use it for?
21. What is your current version of Lync, and what do you use it for?
22. Do you use any solution for providing the business with reports, analytics such as Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, SaS – if so which one?
23. How many Business Applications do you have?
24. What is your Line of Business Applications and are they predominantly Off The Shelf or Bespoke Apps?
25. Do you use a hosted provider for your Business Applications – if so then who?
26. Do you have an in-house Application Development Team?
27. If Yes to above who manages this team and how many people report to them?
28. What is your development language? (.Net, Ruby, etc)
29. Do you use outside developers to work with you on projects – if so then who?
30. How many users do you have?
31. How many devices?
32. How many offices and data centres do you have?
33. Do you use a Hosted provider for your infrastructure – if so who?
34. What is your existing server count (on premise or hosted?)
35. Do you have a hardware refresh cycle – if so, how often and where are you in it? (for servers, SAN, desktops, devices etc)
36. What version of Operating System do you have on Desktop and on Servers?
37. What is your current virtualisation platform?
38. What is your current Back UP & DR Strategy/Solution?
39. Do you have a managed service to support your IT – if so what does this cover?
1. The council employs in the region of 4,500 employees
2. Yes, new projects are funded from the council’s capital budget and the ICT capital budget is managed by the ICT Infrastructure and Applications Managers
3. The ICT capital budget for 2015-16 is £807,000
4. All new ICT project proposals are subject to scrutiny by the technology group and managed centrally. As a result the ICT capital budget is centralised.
5. There has been a slight underspend in the budget for the last 2 financial years.
6. The ICT Service Plan together with the Strategy and Plan can be found on the Council web site at http://www.moray.gov.uk/minutes/data/PR20150414A00.pdf
The Service Plan – item 6 appendix 2
The Strategy & Plan – item 9
7. Lead officers are allocated to projects and report into the managers of the ICT Infrastructure and Applications teams
8. See the Service Plan referenced in Q6 above
9. See the Service Plan referenced in Q6 above
10. Bought in solutions are predominantly implemented by the third party solution provider working with the ICT project team but no other IT Solution Providers are used.
11. See response to Q12
12. We do not hold this information to the level of detail requested, therefore this information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information not held, but for ease of reference see a similar request which has been provided for a previous FOI 101000352138 which can be found at http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_99316.html
14. Not specifically but see Service Plan referenced in Q6 above.
15. There is no specific funding identified for a cloud project.
16. Limited use of cloud computing.
17. Limited use of cloud computing.
18. Yes, 2017
19. Microsoft Exchange 2013
20. Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is used for Electronic Document and Records Management across the Council.
21. Not applicable.
22. Yes, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal.
23. Circa 300 Information systems or sources.
24. Local government solutions are used and predominantly off the shelf.
25. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible, for ease of reference see related FOI request http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_96044.html
27. See the Service Plan referenced in Q6 above
28. Primarily Microsoft .Net
30. Circa 15,000
31. See responses to Q34
32. ICT staff are employed in 1 office with 1 data centre.
34. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible, for ease of reference see related FOI request at http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_99464.html
36. Microsoft Windows and Oracle Solaris
37. VMware ESX
38. CommVault and NetBackup