FOI Request - Accessible Housing
I am contacting you from Muscular Dystrophy UK. As part of our work in supporting people with muscular dystrophy into accessible housing, we would be grateful if your local authority could provide us with figures on the following:
1. What is the average waiting time for each housing band in your local authority?
2. How many accessible homes does your local authority have?
3. How many people requiring an accessible home are currently on your waiting list?
4. Of these, what is the longest duration an individual has been on your waiting list?
5. How many people have applied to your local authority for a Disabled Facilities Grant in the last five years?
6. How many people have requested a discretionary payment in the last five years?
7. Of these, how many received one?
8. What has been your local authority’s Disabled Facilities Grant funding payment from central government for each of the last five financial years?
1. Moray Council’s Allocations Policy uses a points based system, and does not use bands.
2. The information can be found here.
3. The information can be found here.
4. It is not possible to provide this information as any application may be subject to many changes in circumstances during their waiting time. These factors may include changes in household composition, changes in the applicant’s current housing circumstances, and changes in assessed medical needs.
5. Disabled Facilities Grant is only available in England and Wales, see here.