FOI Request - Road Accident Elgin - Buckie Road
Road traffic accident on the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon.
We request documentation for a period of 12 months prior to 14 October 2014 being:
1. Records of inspection for the Elgin to Buckie Road at the back of Portgordon.
2. Maintenance Records, including records of independent contractors working in the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon.
3. Statement of your Road Authorities Policy under the Code of Practice for Highway Maintenance Management 2005 or alternatively records of the minutes of highway authority or local authority meetings where maintenance or repair policy has been discussed or decided.
4. Records of complaints about the state of the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon.
5. Records of other accidents which have occurred in the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon.
The road in question is known as the C16E Byres - Tannachy Road.
Our management system stores records against USRN's (Unique Street Reference Numbers). The section of the C16E concerned was part of USRN 26301362 until 01/08/14, then USRN 26353659 thereafter. I have therefore attached 2 separate USRN reports to cover the time period requested. (Unfortunately as the original USRN 26301362 record is now closed the map on the attached report no longer works).
2. See attached reports for any Roads Maintenance works (in-house DLO or external Contractor) during the specified period. According to the Scottish Road Works Register, no other notifiable works were carried out on this section of road during the specified period.
3. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise accessible. The information can be found here.
4. There were no complaints received within the specified period.
5. Our accident records show no accidents on this road during the specified period.