FOI Request - Building (Scotland) Act 1959/1970 and 2003
• Building (Scotland) Act 1959/1970 - S10 & S13
• Building (Scotland) Act 2003 - S25, S26, S27, S28, S29 & S30
We would be obliged if you can provide us with the following details in regards to notices/Orders that have been made by The Moray Council under the legislation listed above:
• Notices or Orders that remain extant as at 24th February 2015
• Notices or Orders that have been complied with and have monies owed to The Moray Council as at 24th February 2015
• Notices or Orders that have invoices pending in respect of works carried out by or on behalf of The Moray Council to resolve the matter as at 24th February 2015
We would also be obliged if you would confirm that your response includes the following:
• Consideration of Section 29 of the Building (Scotland) Act 2003
If it is not possible for the details of outstanding monies to be confirmed we would be obliged if you can provide us with the following details:
• all notices served or orders made by The Moray Council, from 7th August 2014 to 24th February 2015 under the legislation listed above
When answering in the negative to any of the above, we would be obliged if you would confirm that you are doing so.
Wherever possible we would be grateful if the information could be prepared to include the following:
•addresses of the subjects the actions are served over.
•summary descriptions of the nature of the works/contravention.
•status of the action.
•amounts owed to the council (when available).
We do not require the personal data contained with these records. We would also prefer to receive this information in an electronic format, failing which in hard copy.
Castlehill Church, High Street, Forres
Building in dangerous condition
Council provided protection to the site
Dangerous Building Notice to carry out remedial work issued 13/01/2015 expired 17/03/2015
Not complied with.
Rowanbank, Mosstowie, Elgin
Work carried out without building warrant approval
Building Warrant Enforcement Notice served 13/10/2015 expired 05/12/2014
Not complied with.
54-56 South Street, Fochabers
Unoccupied building in dangerous condition
Dangerous Building Notice served 04/05/2012 expired 30/06/2012
Council carried out remedial work to the cost of £1494.30
Owner has been invoiced but remains outstanding