FOI Request - Carers Living Wage
Dear Moray Council,
Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) claim that they would like to pay their carers the Living Wage but that they are not paid enough by social care funders such as yourself to do so.
I wonder if you could please tell me:
1) what representations Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) have made to the Council asking for increases in the fees paid for social care provided by them, in order to pay their carers the Living Wage.
2) Some idea as to the fees currently being paid by the Council to LCD for residential care, per resident per week. A range of fees or a set of anonymised figures of the fees perhaps. Other councils have opted to supply statistical median and range as they were concerned that individual fees could make it possible for people to have a guess at which residents had which fees.
3) Equivalent information for fees paid to other providers for residential care in care homes for people with physical impairments under the age of 65.
1) We received correspondence in December 2014 requesting an uplift in payment
2) Average of £844.76 per week
3) Average of £795.52 per week