FOI Request - Commercial Waste
1. How many registered businesses are there within your Local Authority Area?
2. How many of those busiensses are classified as SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises)?
3. Do you provide a commercial waste/recycling collection service to businesses in your Local Authority Area, and if not, then why not?
4. Do you operate commercial waste collections under a commercial contract with terms and conditions that are individually negotiated with businesses (commercial waste producers)?
5. Please provide a blank example copy of your contract, including any terms and conditions of commercial service supply.
6. Does this contract typically involve a minimum term? If yes, please state the typical minimum term eg. 12 months.
7. What is the total number of businesses in your Local Authority ARea to which you currently supply a commercial waste OR recycling service to?
8. Do you provide a waste/recycling service to any businesses outside of your Local Authority area, and if so, to what additional Local Authority area(s) do you supply these services into?
9. For each additional Local Authority area such services are supplied into, as identified in Q5, then if applicable, please state how many businesses in those areas you supply?
10. Do you make a Profit Margin/Surplus on commercial waste collections and if so, what is that Profit Margin?
11. Do you have any staff/officers employed (either in whole or in part) in a Commercial Waste Sales capacity, in the course of their duties? If yes, then please also supply the number of employees and job titles, as well as details of any other duties they perform, eg. enforcement.
12. Please provide the percentage (or a genuine estimate of the percentage) of commercial waste customers that require you to collect commercial waste, on their understanding that, they simply cannot obtain this same service from any other service provider in the area?
1. This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
2. This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
4. The Moray Council has a standard set of conditions with a variable service pack.
5. The information can be found here.
6. 12 months
10. The charges are based upon cost of service.
11. The Moray Council has one Recycling Assistant employed directly on commercial waste activities who also monitors cleanliness of public conveniences and undertakes Legionella testing at these facilities.
12. 0%, there are alternative service providers based within and outwith the area.