FOI Request - Funded Children Place 600 hours
1. How many 3 year olds are eligible for a 600 hours funded childcare place, as introduced in August 2014, in your local authority jurisdiction?
2. How many eligible 3 year olds have taken up this funded place?
3. Has your local authority had to refuse any eligible 3 year old a childcare place due to lack of available places?
4. How many 4 year olds are eligible for a 600 hours funded childcare place, as introduced in August 2014, in your local authority jurisdiction?
5. How many eligible 4 year olds have taken up this funded place?
6. Has your local authority had to refuse any eligible 4 year old a childcare place due to lack of available places?
7. How many 600 hour childcare places for 3 and 4 year olds are there in your local authority nurseries?
8. How many 600 hour childcare places for 3 and 4 year olds in your local authority nurseries have not been taken up?
9. How many places were applied for and were then not taken up?
10. How many local authority nurseries can offer full day provisions for individual children?
11. How many 3 and 4 year olds, who are eligible for a funded 600 hour childcare place, are currently in partner provider nurseries without local authority funding?
1. According to information provided to us by NHS Grampian there are approximately 973 children who are eligible for an ante-pre-school place in the school year 2014/15.
2. There are currently 812 children of ante-pre-school age who have taken up a funded place (as at February 2015)
3. No, although some parents may have declined an alternative offer to remain on the waiting list of their preferred centre
4. As per Q1
5. There are currently 986 children of pre-school age who have taken up a funded place (as at February 2015). A further 104 children who have deferred entry to Primary 1 have taken up a funded place
7. The current capacity is 800 funded places within local authority nurseries which consist of 5 sessions at 3 hours 10 minutes per session
8. There are currently 28 funded places still available within local authority nurseries, with a further intake of children due in April 2015
9. Information not held. Parents/Carers are asked only to register for a funded place at their preferred pre-school centre. Places are offered prior to the 3 intakes in August, January and April.
10. Full day provision in a local authority nursery is not available in Moray