FOI Request - Roads and Footpath Details
What I require is the following details of roads and footpaths within your council's area preferably in Esri Shapefile format.
1. the polyline indicating the centreline of the road
2. the ID number of the road
3. the class of road. eg. A, B, C
4. the status of the road - adopted or unadopted
5. the road name
1. The digital polyline data which has been requested and held by the local authority has been digitised using licensed Ordnance Survey products which have been obtained via the One Scotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA). Due to the derived nature of the digital polyline data, this data then inherits Intellectual Property Rights from Ordnance Survey and therefore is subject to their licensing agreements and their commercial interests.
The provision of the polyline data in digital form would potentially prejudice substantially the commercial interests of Ordnance Survey and/or partners and as such is not applicable to Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 requests under section 33. Ordnance Survey do provide digital street data which is available as either OS OpenData Meridian 2 or as a licensed product OS MasterMap Integrated Transport Network Layer, and therefore the release of this data would conflict with Ordnance Survey commercial interests. The local authority can provide an alternative of either a hard copy or electronic image depicting the road network within the local authority area.
2. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, already published. The information can be found on our website here
3. See 2 above
4. See 2 above
5. See 2 above