FOI Request - Sports Direct - Action by Trading Standards
What action, if any, has been taken against the retail company Sports Direct by the Trading Standards Services of your council.
Sports Direct currently trade as SportsDirect.com and is owned by Sports Direct International plc. The company was formerly known as Sports Direct Retail Ltd, Sports World International (with shops being name Sports World) and Sports Soccer.
I would like to know what action has been taken against this company (by any of the names I have listed above), for however long you hold records for. If answering these questions will exceed the cost and time limit for responding to an FOI, then please provide the information for each year (in reverse order, most recent being first) until that cost and time limit has been met.
1. Have you ever prosecuted this company? When did this happen and what was it for? What was the outcome?
2. Have you ever cautioned this company or have they been subject to a formal caution? When did this happen and what was it for? What was the outcome?
3. Have you ever sought any undertaking from this company? When did this happen and what was it for? What was the outcome?
4. Have you issued any warnings against this company? When did this happen and what was it for? What was the outcome?
1. Only the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscals Service can prosecute in Scotland.
2. Trading Standards have no power to issue cautions in the Scottish legal system.
3. Trading Standards have never sought an undertaking from the company.
4. Trading Standards have never issued a warning against the company.