FOI Request - Social Care Professionals
NB: Please break each answer down to give a separate response for qualified social workers, as set out below.
1. How many frontline social care professionals* do you currently employ in adult social care services? (FTE)
2. How many incidents of violence, verbal abuse or harassment against frontline social care staff* did you record in the financial year 2013-14 in adult social care services?
3. How many frontline social care professionals* do you currently employ in children’s services? (FTE)
4. How many incidents of violence, verbal abuse or harassment against social care staff* did you record in the financial year 2013-14 in children’s services?
* Please give separate responses for the following broad groups:
• Qualified social workers, including senior social workers, assistant team managers and team
managers if applicable
• Other care staff, including residential and domiciliary care workers and ‘paraprofessionals’ such as social work assistants
Figures relating to part-time staff should be rounded up and included within the overall figures for full-time equivalent (FTE) staff. Please do not provide a headcount.
1. 6.6138 FTE Advanced Practitioner
1.8000 FTE Assistant Community Care Officer
20.2966 FTE Community Care Officer
1.00000 FTE Development Officer
3.4966 FTE Local Area Co-ordinator
1 FTE Service Manager
1 FTE Senior Practitioner
7.5173 FTE Social Worker
5.4966 FTE Team Manager
2. 80 cases
3. 1 FTE Area Manager
2.3448 FTE Children’s Services Worker
1 FTE Commissioning & Corporate Parenting Manager
13.7864 FTE Support Worker
2 FTE Support Officer
2 FTE Team Manager
4.4345 FTE Project Worker
2.6 FTE Reviewing Officer
13 FTE Senior Social Worker
45.7338 FTE Social Worker
0.5034 FTE Specialist Services Manager
1 FTE Youth Justice Manager
4. In the financial year 2013/2014 there were a total of 17 incidents of verbal abuse and 7 of physical abuse.
With regard to the incidents of verbal abuse 16 of them were towards residential staff and 1 towards a foster carer.
With regard to the incidents of physical abuse 6 were towards residential staff and 1 towards a social worker.