FOI Request - Temporary Accommodation Use
This is a Freedom of Information request for information which your local authority holds on the amount of time which homeless households spend in temporary accommodation and on the uses of and satisfaction with temporary accommodation by homeless households. We are requesting this information from all local authorities in Scotland.
1. The purpose of this request is to enable Shelter Scotland to gain a better understanding of the ways in which temporary accommodation addresses the needs of homeless households than has been available to date from official homelessness statistics. The detailed information we are asking for is set out in the attached Excel workbook and we would be grateful if you would use this to provide the data, though we would be happy to accept it in an alternative format.
The information we are asking for
2. As far as practical we have asked for information which is consistent with the data and definitions used by the Scottish Housing Regulator in the specification of ARC performance indicators 25, 26, 27 and 28. We are, however, asking for more detail than that requested by the regulator.
Part 1: Summary information on time spent in temporary accommodation
3. The information requested for this section relates to all cases closed in 2013-14 and asks for information separately for households with/ without children. In the category households with children you may also include households with a household member pregnant for consistency with the categories used in HL2 returns to the Scottish Government.
4. The purpose of this section is to identify, for all cases closed, separately for households with/ without children, the number for whom occupied temporary accommodation your council arranged; and for those for whom you arranged temporary accommodation the total number of weeks of temporary accommodation provided.
Part 2: Information from data for ARC indicator 25: Summary information on average time spent in different types of temporary accommodation
5. This is simply the information requested by the Regulator for this indicator and which you will have provided by the due date of end May 2014.
Part 3: Information consistent with ARC indicators 26 and 27: summary information on offers of temporary accommodation
6. The final column of tables i), ii) and iii) are the information required by the regulator for the ARC indicators. In this request we are also asking for separate information for households with and without children.
Part 4: Information consistent with ARC indicator 28: Satisfaction with temporary accommodation
7. The final column of the table asks for information required by the regulator for the ARC indicators. In this request we are also asking for separate information for households with and without children.
Some of the information requested is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. The information we do have can be found here.