FOI Request - Council Vehicle Details
1) How many vehicles does the council operate?
Please provide figures for:
a) The number of cars.
b) The number of vans under 3.5 tonnes.
c) The number of vehicles above 3.5 tonnes.
2) Are these vehicles leased or owned outright by the council?
3) How many employees do you reimburse for using their own vehicle for work purposes – so-called grey fleet drivers?
4) Do you pay a lump sum (an essential user allowance) to any of the employees who drive their own vehicle for work purposes?
5) If so:
a) How much is the lump sum?
b) How many employees qualify for it?
c) How often is it paid?
d) What are the conditions for receiving it, such as annual minimum mileage?
6) What pence per mile rate do you pay employees who drive their own vehicle in the course of their job? Please explain how these rates may differ according to annual mileages driven or whether the recipient is classed as an essential user?
7) Have you recently reviewed how you reimburse employees who drive their own vehicles for work? If so, what changes have you implemented?
8) Are you in the process of reviewing how you reimburse employees who drive their own vehicles for work? If so, what changes are you considering?
9) What was your total expenditure, including essential user allowances and mileage reimbursement, on grey fleet mileage during the last financial year (2013/14)?
1. 513 registered vehicles
2. outright purchase
6. 0.45p unless round trip is over 135 miles, then it is 0.1125p per mile
7. The Council implemented a pool car scheme just over three years ago. Review which took effect August 2013 in respect of moving teachers and chief officers to the same 0.45p rate.
9. £720,132, 27 claimed (excluding disturbance mileage)