FOI Request - Public Library Policies or Guidelines
Subject of the policies and measures in place at Scottish public libraries to prevent copyright infringement, I wish to make a request for information under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act. I would be grateful if you could provide me with the following information:
1. Any policies or guidelines currently in place at the public libraries within your local authority which deal with copyright infringement issues, both for staff and users of the library service.
2. Details of any reports, minutes or correspondence you hold which discusses the potential effect of the Digital Economy Act 2010 or the OFCOM Initial Obligations Code on public libraries within your local authority as providers of internet access to the general public.
3. The number of recorded copyright infringements occurring at the public libraries within your local authority for the years 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, and how many of these were facilitated through the internet access provided
1. Policies in place are directly related to the advice of CILIP, with CILIP publicity and posters on display at all service points.
2. We hold no reports, minutes or correspondence in relation to the Digital Economy Act 2010 or the OFCOM Initial Obligations Code.
3. There are no recorded copyright infringements occurring at public libraries for the years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.