FOI Request - Transport for People with Reduced Mobility
1) Does the local authority own and operate passenger carrying minibuses with a capacity from 9 – 17 seats? Yes No
2) If so, how many such vehicles are on the local authority fleet?
3) How many of these are wheelchair accessible?
4) If these are renewed from time to time, please give details of the local authorities preferred suppliers/converters of passenger carrying vehicles.
5) What is the value of the local authority total spend on Wheelchair Restraints? (the easiest way to find this out is to look at the spend with the main suppliers: Unwins Safety, QStraint, Koller Engineering and NMI Safety – but we don’t require a breakdown of these details)
Y/E march 2012
Y/E march 2013
Y/E march 2014
6) Does the local authority contract out Special Needs School Transport?
7) If so, to which company(ies) is the contract awarded?
4. Irisbus, Mellor, Bluebird
5. Y/E March 2012 £636.24, Y/E March 2013 £3082.80, Y/E March 2014 £161.14
7. see list below
A2B Taxis, Elgin
ACE Taxis, Mosstodloch
C.U There Taxis, Aberlour
Logan Minibus Hire, Lossiemouth
Mundole Taxis, Forres
Portknockie Contract Hire
Ronnie's Cabs, Elgin
Tawse Taxis, Rothes
The Moray Council Fleet Services
Grays Taxis, Keith
Grants Taxis, Buckie
Elgin cabs, Elgin