FOI Request - Energy Related Budgets
Electricity Non Half Hourly settled metering installed:
1. How many Non Half Hourly ( NHH ) settled fiscal electricity meters do you have installed across the organisation ?
2. What proportion of your NHH meters are advanced/smart meters ( capable of remote communications and collecting half hourly interval consumption data ) ?
3. What proportion of your NHH settled meters will be required to move to HH settlement from 2016 as a result of Ofgem’s approval of the migration of NHH Profile Class 5-8 meters to HH settlement – reference : https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/balancing-and-settlement-code-bsc-p272-mandatory-half-hourly-settlement-profile-classes-5-8-%E2%80%93-draft-impact-assessment-consultation
4. What is your annual spend on electricity provided and measured at NHH fiscal meters ?
5. What is your annual electricity consumption, in kWh, measured at NHH fiscal meters ?
6. What proportion of your NHH meters do you own, rather than third party Meter Asset Provider ( MAP ) owned ?
Electricity Half Hourly settled metering installed:
7. How many Half Hourly ( HH ) settled fiscal electricity meters do you have installed across the organisation?
8. What is your annual spend on electricity provided and measured at HH fiscal meters ?
9. What is your annual electricity consumption, in kWh, measured at HH fiscal meters ?
10. What proportion of your HH meters do you own, rather than third party MAP owned ?
Metering Service Providers:
11. Do you contract directly with electricity NHH or HH meter data collector (DC), data aggregator (DA), meter operator agents (MO) – or do you default to supplier nominated agents ?
12. If your costs for fiscal metering services from agents are not bundled within your electricity supply contract with your supplier what is your annual spend on NHHDC, NHHDA, NHHMO, HHDC, HHDA, HHMO metering services from third party agents.
13. How many non-fiscal, sub-metering electricity meters do you have installed across the organisation ?
14. What proportion of your metering services costs are spent with local SME providers of such services rather than with larger service providers who operate Nationally.
Energy Management, Monitoring and Targeting:
15. Do you have a designated Energy Management functional unit in the organisation ?
16. Contact details for head of Energy Management section or appropriate other resource within organisation ?
17. Do you have Energy Management responsible resources working at a departmental level ?
18. Do you operate aM&T processes, automated monitoring and targeting of electricity consumptions across the organisation ?
19. Do you monitor/analyse NHH interval data, HH interval data, both ?
20. Do your NHH and HH fiscal metering agents provide you with HH consumption interval data from your NHH and HH fiscal meters to support your aM&T processes.
21. Do you own and operate your own in-house aM&T analysis and reporting processes or use external agents, third party software ?
22. If you use external agents or third party software, please provide estimates of your annual spend on such agents and software.
23. Do you currently or do you plan in the future to co-operate or share aM&T services with other similar public body organisations, if so which ones ?
Energy procurement, own-generation, demand side response initiatives:
24. How often do you renew your electricity supply contracts.
25. Do you currently, or do you plan to in the future, take advantage of energy procurement related services from GPS ( government procurement service ) or from other third party energy procurement companies ?
26. Do any of your facilities, estate or services benefit from emergency backup electricity generation facilities, if so what is the capacity ( MW ) of those facilities ?
27. Do you operate in-house electricity generation facilities, if so what is the annual generating capacity of those facilities by generation technology type.
28. Do you export any in-house generation to the grid, if so how much per annum in kWh.
11. Contract directly for MO. DA & DC included in invoices as pass through charges
12. MO charges approx £490 p.a. for HH sites.
16. Stuart Beveridge, Estates Manager, Council Offices, High Street, Elgin IV30 1BX
17. No, corporately
20. Only HH data, all other data from invoices.
21. Own and operate
24. Every 3 years through Scottish Procurement.
26. Yes. 1 x 28.6kVA; 1 x 70kVA; 1 x 80kVA and 1 x 635kVA