FOI Request - Business Rates Unpresented Cheques
This request is made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and further to a decision of the Information Tribunal in England and the London Borough of Bexley v Information Commissioner 2007.
In accordance with the above, I hereby request a list of current unpresented business rates refund cheques that meet the following criteria:
1. Refund cheques that remain unpresented 3 months after date of issue.
2. Refund cheques that are out of date.
I would request that the list contains the following information:
• Ratepayer name (Information is only requested where the ratepayer is a company and not an
individual as I appreciate this is limited by the Data Protection Acts).
• Address of property concerned (if known).
• The date the refund cheque was issued.
• Amount of the refund.
1. This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
2. We have no refund cheques which are currently out-of-date. In any instances where a refund became out-of-date, we have already identified the cheque and cancelled it, issuing a replacement to the ratepayer.