FOI Request - HomeSwap Direct Mutual Exchange
1. Is the Council signed up to the Government’s HomeSwap Direct mutual exchange swap scheme?
2. Is the Council signed up to any other mutual exchange swap schemes? (e.g. a council-run or an independent swap scheme)
3. What are the names of these schemes?
4. In 2012/13, how many tenancies do you contribute housing benefit towards in social housing and the private rented sector? (please separate if possible)
5. In 2012/13, how many of your tenancies in social housing or in the private rented sector have (please separate if possible):
a) Signed up to a mutual exchange swap scheme?
b) Completed a successful swap?
6. Have you taken any steps to encourage your tenancies to make use of mutual exchange swap schemes? If yes, could you describe these steps?
3. House Exchange as part of the Apply4Homes Partnership.
4. 3040 council tenancies, 1157 private tenancies, 1269 other registered social landlords
5a. 01/04/12 - 31/03/2013 - 320 tenants applied. This is only applicable to our scheme. We have no way of knowing if they have also signed up to another scheme. We have no scheme for private tenants.
6. The AHO discussed the scheme with tenants during the visits for those affected by the under occupancy charge. It is mentioned on the A4H site but we are unable to quantify how many applicants read the info pages. It has been mentioned in the Tenants Voice. It is on the Council's website. The Housing Options Team advise tenants if they are seen by them.