FOI Request - Local Authority Housing List
1. The number of applicants on your local authority housing list
2. Applicants broken down by priority
3. The number of applicants on the list who have been waiting 12 months or more
4. The number of applicants on the list who have been waiting 18 months or more
5. The number of applicants on the list who have been waiting 24 months or more
1. As at 12.03.14 there are a total of 3,681 applicants on the Moray Council Housing Lists.
2. The Moray Council’s housing register comprises of three lists (transfer, homeless priority and waiting). Applicants accepted onto the Transfer List are current tenants of The Moray Council. The Homeless Priority List contains those applicants who have been assessed by the Council as being homeless, in priority need, unintentionally homeless and have a local connection with Moray. All other applicants are placed on the general Waiting List. The number of applicants on each list is as follows:
Number on List
Waiting List 3,121
Homeless Priority List 114
Transfer List 446
An applicant’s priority on the Transfer and Waiting List is determined by the number of points awarded to their application after assessing their current housing circumstances. Points are awarded for the following factors; overcrowding, medical needs, under-occupancy, poor housing conditions, sharing amenities, key workers, care and support, residing in flatted/maisonette accommodation with children, rural connection and exceptional circumstances.
The Transfer List comprises applicants with points levels ranging from 0 to 640.
The Waiting List comprises applicants with points levels ranging from 0 to 800.
Applicants awarded priority for housing under the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987, Part II, (Homeless Persons) as amended are placed on the Homeless Priority List but receive no points. Position on the Homeless Priority List is determined by the homeless presentation date.
3. Please note that our system breaks down the data in relation to length of time on list slightly differently to the time periods that has been asked for.
Length of Time on List Number of Applicants
<12 months 1826
12-18 months 594
18-24 months 516
24-36 months 250
36+ months 495
4. As per table in question 3 above.
5. As per table in question 3 above.