FOI Request - Assessment - Listed Building
Assessment on development in close proximity to a Listed Building
1. Could Moray Council please provide its documented policy and procedures for any proposal to develop in close proximity to a listed building.
2. What is the nature of the assessment
3. Who carries out the assessment?
4. What criteria are used to determine whether the development should go ahead?
5. Can a Community Council input into that assessement?
1. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise accessible. Information can be found here.
2. Proposal is assessed against local plan policy (detailed above), national guidance on development affecting setting (Historic Scotland Managing Change in the Historic Environment Guidance Notes), Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) (Scotland) Act 1997 - Section 59
3. Planning officer and/or committee depending on where applications falls with scheme of delegation.
4. Assessment of policy, any material considerations including consultee responses.
5. As consultees to a planning application the community council can raise matters for consideration but the assessment is carried out by the planning authority.