FOI Request - Postal Votes Local & National Elections
1. How many postal votes were cast in each local and national election in the years 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013? Please break the results down by year and election.
2. How many postal votes were rejected and therefore not considered in the final results because of irregularities in the way they were completed suggesting possible fraud?
I would like the numbers broken down for each year 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, please. I would like information covering local and national elections, also broken down.
3. How many postal votes were found to have been applied for from buildings which were not genuine residences, eg on checking the addresses were discovered to be empty, derelict or not residential properties?
I would like the numbers broken down for each year 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and covering both local and national elections expressed separately, please.
4. How many postal votes were rejected because they were duplicates, eg someone had apparently applied for more than one vote in their name? Again, please send the figures broken down by year and election as above from 2010 to 2013 inclusive. Please state how many duplicates were identified for each applicant where this was an issue.
5. How many cases were referred to the Police for further investigation? I would like figures for each year from 2010 to 2013 broken down by calendar year including both local and national elections separately. Please state the allegation in each case.
The information you requested can be found here.