FOI Request - Road Maintenance Projects
1. How many outstanding roadworks/road maintenance projects (i.e. ones that are not yet complete) are there in your council area?
2. What is the total distance (in miles) that these outstanding roadworks cover (e.g. 10 miles)? If possible, could you also provide the average length of the outstanding roadworks/road maintenance project?
3. Of all the outstanding roadworks in your area (the ones that have started but are incomplete) when did the oldest project first begin? (I.e. How old is your oldest road maintenance project?) Please provide a month and year for the start date.
4. What is the name of the road in your council area that has had the most roadworks in the past five years, and what is the total number of works completed and outstanding on this road over this time?
5. How many roadworks projects IN TOTAL have been completed in your council area over the past five years (please provide a figure for each year: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013).
6. How much did the average road maintenance project cost in your area last year (2013), in 2012 and in 2011? Please provide a figure for each.
7. How much did your council spend on road maintenance projects in total last year (2013), in 2012 and in 2011? Please provide a separate figure for each.
8. What is the average length of a road maintenance project in your area (in miles)?
9. How many traffic cones do you estimate are on the road at any one time in your council area?
1. As of 21/1/2014 there are 34 works currently in progress.
2. The outstanding work total 5.696 km in length (3.53 miles) Average length 167m per works.
3. Oldest Project start date is 21/3/2013, to replace a Bridge and widen the River Lossie as part of the Elgin Flood Alleviation Scheme.
4. The road that is the site of the most works over the last 5 year period is the A941 (Lossiemouth-Elgin-Rothes-Craigellachie-Dufftown-Cabrach Road) – 98 Works (All Completed).
5. 2009 - 923
2010 - 803
2011 - 806
2012 - 784
2013 - 726 (up to 21/1/2014)
6. 2011/12 - £18,873
2012/13 - £23,432
2013/14 - £18,251
7. 2011/12 - £2,604,488
2012/13 - £4,662,977
2013/14 - £3,485,977
8. 2011/12 – 0.568 miles
2012/13 – 0.347 miles
2013/14 – 0.346 miles
9. This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.