FOI Request - Street Cleansing Service
1. Is your street cleansing service provided by a Private Contractor or is it an In House operation?
2. If the service is provided In-House, what current resources are dedicated to this service?
(a) total number of Barrow Ground crewmen?
(b) total number of Mechanical Pavement Sweepers?
(c) total number of Mechanical Road sweepers?
3. If the service is provided In-House, whom is responsible for the management of the service? What are their names?
(a) head of Street Cleansing, Name
(b) Area Manager of Street Cleansing, Name
(c) Manager of Street Cleansing, Name
4. If the service is provided In-House, to run the service successfully, how much did you cost to run the service in the years:
5. If the service is provided by a Private Contractor, what is the name of the Private Contractor?
(a) Private contractor Name
(b) Contract Start Date
(c) Contract End Date
(d) Contract period
(e) Contract Extension
1. It is provided in-house.
2. (a) Nine
3.(a) Head of Street Cleansing, None
(b) Area Manager of Street Cleansing, None
(c) Manager of Street Cleansing, None
Our Cleansing Officer, Sharon Mair, manages refuse collection, street sweeping and public toilet cleaning
4. (a) 2010 - £1074k
(b) 2011 - £892k
(c) 2012 - £788k