FOI Request - Vacancies in State Nurseries
Please could you send me, a list of state nurseries (I.E. nurseries attached to a state primary school) in your area with the following information for each entry:
(1) number of nursery places currently catered for (i.e. the number of places potentially available)
(2) the number of current pupils in the nursery
(3) the number of 'vacant' places in the nursery
(4) total devolved funding for this nursery (current) - I.E. THE DEVOLVED FUNDING CAPITAL AS DEFINED FOR THE NURSERY ONLY AND NOT THE WHOLE SCHOOL
(5) total devolved funding for this nursery (2010) - AS ABOVE
(6) does this nursery charge parents for extra time beyond the 15hrs/week free funded by the government (Y/N)?
(7) if YES above, how many parents are currently paying for extra time
(8) Please also provide in the body of your written response a brief definition of a 'nursery place' (i.e. 'one student attending 3hrs/day')
(1 - 3) The list of Council nurseries is below, together with the current roll data (Q1), the capacity (Q2), and the current availability (Q3). The data included in this table reflects the first intake of children in the school year (August-December 2013). Where capacity allows, there will be a further intake in January 2014 and April 2014, as children become eligible for funded pre-school education places.
|As at September 2013||Total Roll||Capacity||Variance|
|Aberlour School Nursery||29||30||1|
|Burghead School Nursery||22||30||8|
|Cullen School Nursery||20||20||0|
|East End School Nursery||20||40||20|
|Findochty School Nursery||9||15||6|
|Hopeman School Nursery||33||35||2|
|Hythehill School Nursery||40||40||0|
|Keith School Nursery||48||50||2|
|Kinloss School Nursery||15||15||0|
|Lhanbryde School Nursery||44||50||6|
|Millbank School Nursery||53||60||7|
|Milne's School Nursery||12||20||8|
|Mortlach School Nursery||23||30||7|
|New Elgin School Nursery||40||40||0|
|Pilmuir School Nursery||20||20||0|
|Portgordon School Nursery||7||15||8|
|Rothes School Nursery||22||30||8|
|Seafield School Nursery||71||80||9|
|St Gerardine School Nursery||30||40||10|
|St Peter's RC School Nursery||68||80||12|
|St Thomas School Nursery||15||20||5|
|Tomintoul School Nursery||5||15||10|
|Total Council Pre-School||646||775||129|
(4) This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. Moray Council do not have a separate devolved budget for nurseries.
(5) This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. Moray Council do not have a separate devolved budget for nurseries.
There are no children attending more than the current funded allowance of 12.5 hours per week (Q6), so therefore the number of parents paying for extra time is not applicable to Moray (Q7).