FOI Request - Zero Hours Contracts Query
(1) The total number of staff currently employed on zero hours contracts directly by your organisation
(2) The total number of staff currently employed on zero hours contracts by your contractors to work on services you pay them to provide
(3) Your organisation's policy on employing staff on zero hours contracts either directly or through contractors with whom you procure services
(1) figures as at 20 June 2013 showed there are currently 966 people employed on a zero hours contract. “Zero hours” contract means “relief”.
(2) This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
(3) We do not have a formal corporate policy in this regard but a number of principles that we apply in the employment of all staff whether they are engaged with or without contractual hours