FOI Request - Food Sourcing
1. Do you have a procurement policy on the sourcing of food? If so, please provide a copy of the policy or the relevant part(s). If there is guidance not a policy, please provide that.
2. What proportion of food used in school meals is sourced in Scotland/in the UK/in mainland Europe/elsewhere?
(If you don’t know this for all food, please give details of what you do know. E.g for chicken and apples. Or e.g details of any relevant Soil Association Food for Life Catering Mark or e.g. details for a particular school/group of schools/ hospital/group of hospitals)
3. What proportion of eggs used in school meals is free range?
4. What proportion of chicken used in school meals is free range?
5. What proportion of food used in school meals is organic? If you don’t know this for all food, please give details of what you do know. (E.g. re milk or any other purchase of organic products)
6. Do you use mains fed water coolers? If so, please describe to what extent? (E.g. whether this is for a certain proportion of premises or e.g. is only in all new schools.)
1. Please see attached.(PDF) We procure through Scotland Excel.
2. Meat from the Forres area. Fruit and vegetables from the Forres area where possible. Milk from North Scotland. Chicken from Break Brothers and Forres butcher. Bread from baker in Huntly. Please see statement attached (PDF) for the rest of produce.
3. Eggs are from a local supplier and from Brake Brothers none are free range but are "happy eggs".