FOI Request - Environment, Flooding and Disaster Planning Procurement
Please provide the following information for your authority/agency on Environment, Flooding & Disaster Planning. Procurement
- Who is the Lead Officer for flood management, and please provide their direct email and phone contact details
- Who is the Budget holder for flood management, and please provide their direct email and phone contact details
- Who is the Director responsible for flood management, and please provide their direct email and phone contact details
- Who is the Portfolio Holder/Elected Official responsible for flood management , and please provide their direct email and phone contact details
- Who is the Disaster Planning Officer , and please provide direct email and phone contact details
- What local residents or businesses flood interest or pressure groups do you work with – please provide details and contact information
7. What are your key concerns for flood risk in your area for
- your authorities operations, and
- the region/borough under your control
8. How much did you spend on flood defence in the last budget year?
9. How much are you intending to spend on flood defence in this budget year?
10. Please provide an electronic copy of the flood risk map of your region/borough
11. Do you currently maintain any central stocks of sandbags and fill materials?
12. How much did you spend on sandbags and fill materials in the last budget year
13. How much are you planning to spend on sandbags and fill materials in the next budget year
14. Do you currently use deployable reusable flood defence blocks?
15. Do you employ a third party contractor for flood management or flood/disaster response (such as a ‘red alert’ service or total FM contractor? )
16. What procurement frameworks do you use for
- building products
- environmental products and services
- disaster response services
17. Please provide an electronic copy of your procurement rules
18. Do you maintain a preferred suppliers list for the authority – if yes please provide application details
19. Do you maintain a recommended suppliers list for local residents and businesses – if yes please provide details
20. Do you maintain a waste car tyre mountain – if so please provide details
21. Do you outsource the management and disposal of waste car tyres – if so please provide details
1. Dave Gowans, Consultancy Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01343 563758
2. Stephen Cooper, Head of Direct Services, Stephen.email@example.com, 01343 563777
3. Richard Hartland, Corporate Director (Environmental Services), Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org, 01343 563097
4. Councillor John Cowe, email@example.com, 01343 563114
5. Donna McLean, Emergency Planning Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01343 563865
6. This would be local Community Councils or Community Groups. There are no active solely flooding pressure groups.
7a. No great concerns regarding operations.
7b. Implementing the Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009 provisions.
8. Approximately £21.2 million.
9. Approximately £35.8 million.
10. We do not have a map of the whole of the area. Refer to SEPA.
12. Sandbags £720.00. Fill materials approx £2000.00 13.
13. As, question 12.
15. Flood Management - Yes. Flood Disaster Response - No.
16. Please see attached(PDF) listing all framework contracts used by Moray. We have no frameworks for disaster response services.
17. Please find attached (PDF) our procurement procedures (please also refer to the Scottish Government's procurement journey).
18. We do not have any approved lists of suppliers or indeed any recommended list for local residents or businesses.
19. We do not have any approved lists of suppliers or indeed any recommended list for local residents or businesses.
20. The only tyres handled are those lifted from fly-tipping and temporarily stored at our waste transfer station.
21. Waste tyres are uplifted from the waste transfer station periodically on request by Sapphire Energy Recovery Ltd. These are processed at Lafarge's Concrete Plant at Dunbar. PPC permit no. PPC/E/20020.