FOI Request - Marketing Plan for Library Services
1). The current marketing plan for your library service (Will require actual copy of document).
2). What is the actual amount spent annually on marketing the library service?How is this facilitated? (An information summary will be sufficient for this).
3). Who has responsibility for marketing within libraries? (An information summary will be sufficient for this).
4). Please provide all marketing materials produced in-house from the past 12 months (Will require actual copies of documents).
5). For a marketing campaign aimed at adults, where would the marketing materials be distributed? (An information summary will be sufficient for this).
6). For a marketing campaign aimed at children, where would the marketing materials be distributed? (An information summary will be sufficient for this).
1) There is no current marketing plan, but rather Publicity & Campaign Guidelines. To some extent these are supported by the Libraries Consultation Strategy. Copies of these are attached.
The Libraries Service is currently facing significant budget reductions, including the closure of 7 of the 15 libraries and removal of one of the two mobile libraries. The ruling Administration has stopped publicity for any of the libraries under threat of closure.
2) There is an annual marketing budget of £7,000. This also includes outreach and Book Festival expenditure.
3) All staff have responsibility for marketing the service with programmes being co-ordinated by the Senior Staff Meeting.
4) Due to budget cuts no leaflets or banners have been produced in the last 12 months. A Facebook presence has been initiated and various flyers and posters have been produced for art exhibitions, launch of eBooks etc. There has been a series of ongoing press releases.
Templates of marketing materials are attached.
5) See "Summary of Outlets" in Publicity & Campaign Guidelines. We also target campaigns through key local contacts in the community eg if campaign for ICT for older people then targeted via lunch clubs, community care services.
6) See Publicity and Campaign Guidelines. For the Summer Reading Challenge we visit all schools.