FOI Request - Parent/Teacher Compensation Claims
1. How many claims have you had from a)parents/children and b) teachers for compensation after an a) accident b) injury c) slip d) trip e) fall on primary and secondary school premises for each following school year: 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012 , 2012-2013 for all answers please
2. Please state how many of these claims from a)parents/children and b) teachers have been successful?
3. Please state how much money has the local authority paid out in compensation to a) parents/children and b) teachers as a result of accidents on primary and secondary school property per year over the last 5 years?
4. Please provide a copy of any specific policies regarding responsibility for claims and how quickly cases must be settled?
5. Please provide details of any education budget cuts that have been made as a result of these claims, if so please outline the scale of the cuts that you have had to implement?
Q1 & Q2
2007/08 - 1 x Accident (Repudiated)
2008/09 - 2 x Accident & 1 x Fall (2 x Repudiated & 1 x Paid Out)
2009/10 - Nil
2010/11 - Nil
2011/12 - 1 x Accident (Repudiated)
2012/13 - 1 x Trip (Still Ongoing)
2007/08 - 1 x Slip (Paid Out)
2008/09 - Nil
2009/10 - 2 x Slip (1 x Repudiated & 1 Still Ongoing)
2010/11 - 2 x Slip (Both Paid Out)
2011/12 - 1 x Slip (Repudiated)
2012/13 - Nil
Q3. I am unable to provide details of amount paid in compensation to parents/children and teachers as our insurance database only records the full amount paid out on a particular claim (this can include payment to the third party injury, solicitors costs for third party and our own solicitors costs, medical fees etc)
Q4. Not applicable
Q5. Not applicable