FOI Request - Sickness Absence
1. What was the total number of days lost for your organisation due to sickness absence in the last financial year? April 2012- March 2013 and may I request, that your reply be broken down into departments
2. What is the Total number of employees (also know as Head Count) broken down into departments as in the reply to question 1.
3. What is the average FTE number in time broken down as in reply 1 structure?
4. If you have contracted out some services during the last three years please confirm what organisation were the staff TUPE’d to and how many employees went to that organisation.
5. What was your total spend on Agency staff in each of the given time periods above?
6 What percentage of your agency (or bank staff) spending is to cover days where an employee is sick?
1. The information for financial year 2012-13 is not yet available, however previous years can be found here.
2. Number of employees as at end of March 2013:
Education - 1912
Social Care - 1398
Environmental - 1485
Corporate - 310
Chief Exec & SPG - 62
TOTAL - 5167
3. Number of FTE as at end of March 2013:
Education - 1257.9616
Social Care - 842.4387
Environmental - 1040.657
Corporate - 276.3038
Chief Exec & SPG - 44.3381
TOTAL - 3461.6992
4. No staff have been TUPE’d out in the last 3 years.
5. 2010/11 - £232,357
2011/12 - £295,900
2012/13 - £358,539
6. We do not record this as not all sickness absence requires cover. This information is therefore not held and is exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.