FOI Request - Welfare Funerals
1. The total number of public health funerals (where the deceased has no relatives or there is no one else willing to pay) that your LA has undertaken for the financial years 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13?
2. The number of public health funerals that your LA has undertaken by gender for the past 3 financial years?
3. The number of public health funerals that your LA has undertaken by age for the past 3 financial years? Since April 2010, how many cases have there been where family and friends refuse to finance or make arrangements for their relatives funeral?
4. How much have the burials/cremations cost the LA broken down by year for the last three financial years? This cost information does not need to include administrative or staff costs, and before any costs are claimed back by the local authority from the deceased’s estate
5. How much does your trust typically (average cost) pay for a Public Health Funeral?
6. What does your LA provide at a Public Health Funeral?
7. What relationship do you have with your local NHS Trust regarding funerals of this nature?
8. Have you observed any of the following over the last three years?
a. Higher numbers or people dying without any income or assets
b. Higher numbers of people dying with family or friends unable to contribute to the costs of a funeral
c. Higher numbers of people dying with family or friends unwilling to contribute to the costs of a funeral
d. Higher numbers of people dying with no friends or family
All information can be found here.