FOI Request - Accessibility of Taxis & Private Hire Vehicles
(1) How many current hackney carriage (taxi) licensees have you issued (over the last full year)?
(2) How many current Private Hire vehicle licences have you issued (over the last full year)?
(3) What are your accessibility requirements for hackney carriage vehicles?
(4) Do you require hackney carriage licensees to undergo training in disability awareness and if so what does this involve?
(5) Do you require private hire vehicle licensees to undergo training in disability awareness and if so what does this involve?
(6) Do you inspect the taxis and wheelchair accessible vehicles for accessibility
(7) Do you carry out spot checks for safety including ensuring that wheelchair users are positioned so that they can use the seat belts
(8) Do you check that taxis have a useable step available to assist access
(9) Do you use 'mystery disabled customers' to test the service to disabled people. If so what were the results.
(10) How many complaints have you had about service from disabled passengers about taxis (over the last full year)? What percentage is that of overall complaints?
(11) How many complaints have you had about service from disabled passengers about private hire vehicles (over the last full year? What percentage is that of overall complaints?
(12) How have you resolved the complaints from disabled passengers?
(13) Do taxis capable of carrying wheelchairs get preferential access eg bus lanes and pedestrian areas?
(14) How many of your drivers are exempt from carrying wheelchair users on health grounds? Are these drivers refused preferential access?