FOI Request - Community Equipment Provision

Request 101000133425

Could you please send me copies of the policy, procedure and/or guidance used to decide whether a hearing impaired person has a hearing impairment of the severity required to grant them access your community equipment provision (assuming they also fulfil the financial requirements).

Response 02-04-2013

We do not have any written policies or procedures relating to hearing impairment however we do have a contract with North East Sensory Services (NESS) and part of the service they provide are hearing equipment assessments for individuals. The usual process for a hearing assessment is as follows:

GP refers to

Audiologist who can refer to

North East Sensory Services or Community Care Officer An assessment of need is carried out (template attached PDF Logo) Equipment provided if required.

However an individual can contact NESS directly, the majority of equipment is free to the service user and NESS work with Community Care to ensure access to all that require assistance.

Rate this Page