FOI Request - Community Sports Clubs
1. How many "community sports clubs" does your authority currently grant discretionary rate relief to?
2. What is your authority's current policy (2012/13) for granting discretionary rate relief to "community sports clubs".
3. Is there a monetary or percentage limit on the amount of discretionary rate relief your authority will grant to a single community sports club? If yes, how much is this?
4. Does the authority intend to introduce a new policy new year? if so, what will be the new policy for 2013/14?
5. What is your authority's total budget for granting discretionary rate relief in 2012/13 and 2013/14?
(1) No community sports clubs receive discretionary rate relief. The facilities that community sports clubs do access in Moray that are Council owned do have reduced hire charges for juniors/over 60s or registered charities but this is across the board. Normal cost for room hire is £8.50 or sports hall £25.00 however if you are a junior/over 60s or registered charity group then a room hire is £4.25 and sports hall is £8.50.
(2) No policy as we do not provide this rate relief.
(4) Not as far as we aware.