FOI Request - Part-Time Working in Education
Please provide answers to the following questions for individuals as employed by your Council, split by gender :
1. Number of qualified teachers?
2. Number of qualified teachers who work part time?
3. Job titles of all part time posts and number of post holders for each job title?
4. Number of guidance teachers?
5. Number of guidance teachers who work part time?
6. Number of applications for flexible working received in the last 24 months?
7. Details of training provided to head teachers in relation to their consideration of flexible working applications?
8. Details of how and to whom training is provided to officials and managers in relation to flexible working applications?
9. Number of flexible working applications which have been rejected?
2. As at September 2012 annual census there were 260 qualified teachers who work part time.
3. Secondary Teacher - 81
Secondary Principal Teacher - 8
Primary Teacher - 124
Primary Principal Teacher - 4
Primary Depute Head Teacher - 2
Primary Head Teacher - 1
Secondary Teacher - 2
Teacher (Peripatetic) - 5
Teacher (Outreach) - 3
Visiting Specialist Teacher - 16
Visiting Specialist Principal Teacher - 1
Nursery Teacher - 4
Music Instructor (Peripatetic) - 9
4. As at September 2012 annual census there were 32 guidance teachers.
5. As at September 2012 annual census there was 1 guidance teacher who works part time.
6. This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
8. No training is provided.