FOI Request - Homeless Families
1. For each of the periods 2009/10, 2010/11 and 2011/12, how much money did the council spend on accommodating homeless households (individuals and families) in B&Bs and hotels? If the council makes a distinction, I would be grateful if these figures could be broken down to supply separate figures for B&Bs and hotels.
2. Please supply the names of any B&B or hotel establishments or hotel chains used more than three times in any given year (2009/10, 2010/11 and 2011/12), by the council.
3. For each of the periods 2009/10, 2010/11 and 2011/12, please could you tell me how many households (individuals and families) were accommodated in Hotels and/or B&Bs, and whether such households contained children.
4. For each of the periods 2009/10, 2010/11 and 2011/12, can you please give me information on
a) the average size of families accommodated in hotels and or BYB
b) the average length of stay
c) the maximum amount paid per night.
1. The Council spent the following on bed & breakfast/hostels in the years you have requested. The income generated from housing benefit claims has been taken off the gross cost of providing this accommodation.
|Aberlour Hotel, Aberlour||Yes||No||No|
|Ardivot House, Lossiemouth||Yes||Yes||No|
|Auchmillan Guest House||Yes||No||No|
|Ben Aigen Hotel, Rothes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Clifton B&B, Lossiemouth||Yes||Yes||No|
|Clifton Hotel, Lossiemouth||Yes||No||No|
|Commercial Hotel, Keith||Yes||Yes||No|
|Eastbank Guesthouse, Rothes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Fife Arms, Keith||Yes||Yes||No|
|Links Lodge, Lossiemouth||Yes||No||No|
|Linkwood Lodge, Travel Inn, Elgin||Yes||Yes||No|
|Marine Hotel, Buckie||Yes||No||No|
|Mill House Hotel, Tynet||Yes||No||No|
|Old Coach House Hotel, Buckie||Yes||Yes||No|
|Rock House Hotel, Lossiemouth||Yes||Yes||No|
|Royal Hotel, Keith||Yes||Yes||No|
|Southbank Guest House, Elgin||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sunninghill Hotel, Elgin||Yes||Yes||No|
|Tennants Arms, Lhanbryde||Yes||Yes||No|
Note: Since the introduction of our Housing Options Team in October 2010, the use of bed & breakfast/hostels for emergency accommodation is no longer routinely used for homeless households.
3. Based on the date that they moved in, we placed the following households in hotel/B&B accommodation
|Households with dependent children||68||40||1|
|Households without dependent children||239||203||1|
|with dependent children||3||3||4|
|with no dependent children||1||1||1|
b. 2009/10 - 67, 2010/11 - 58, 2011/12 - 33
c. 2009/10 - £173.00, 2010/11 - £213.00, 2011/12 - £99.00
The high figures are for families who needed more than one room and the figure is the total amount.