Please note that any personal details supplied when making payments online will be held and/or computerised by Moray Council for the purposes of processing your payment. Some personal details will be disclosed to banks and other financial institutions in order to process the payment. Your personal details will be safeguarded and will not be divulged to any other individuals or organisations for any other purposes. Read more about Data Protection and Privacy.
Remember that Email is not a secure method of communication, text may be intercepted by third parties. If you contact us by Email please do not include any private or sensitive information.
The Data Protection Act 1998 lays down rules about how personal information is handled by the Council. It also gives individuals rights of access to information held about them by the Council
In general, being open about how we use information, using common sense and following the Data Protection principles should ensure that personal information is handled properly.
- We will tell people clearly what Council functions the information is needed for and take special care with sensitive information. Be open and fair with information.
- Ensure that information is used and disclosed only for the Council functions for which it was collected.
- Keep only relevant information which is adequate but not excessive for the purpose of which it is held.
- Hold information only as long as is necessary for the purpose.
- Take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss or alteration of information. Get written confirmation of data protection, compliance from suppliers and providers of service.