Window Cleaner's Licence
To work as a window cleaner in Moray, you need a licence from us.
Read our Guidance Notes (pdf) for advice about completing the Application Form and a summary of the regulation in relation to this licence.
You must not be disqualified from holding a licence, and you must be fit to be the holder of the licence.
The vehicle you use in order to carry out the work must be suitable for that purpose.
You must not have applied for the same licence within the last year, unless there has been a material change in your circumstances since your last application.
- be in writing (including by electronic means)
- be signed by the applicant (including by electronic means)
- contain the applicant's name and address and those of any employee who will manage the activity on a day-to-day basis, and the area in which the activity will take place
- send a copy of the application to the Chief Constable
- place a notice in at least one local or national newspaper which states the premises and applicant details contained in the application, that any objections or representations may be made to the local authority, and how such representations should be made
- keep a register of applications in which we will enter the details of the receipt of the application, our final decision and reasons for the decision, the details of the terms of each licence granted and a note of any suspension, variation of the terms, or surrender, of a licence
The register must be available for inspection by any member of the public at reasonable times and places and any member of the public must be permitted to make a copy of it.
If we fail to make a decision within six months of the application, the licence is held to be granted or renewed.
Will Tacit Consent Apply?
Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period.
We will charge a fee that you will pay online to process your application. To minimise our costs, we will pass on a 1.80% charge on the value of all payments made by credit card.
To apply online use the link in the Online Services box below.
Legal and Democratic Services