Departments - Education and Social Care
What we do
Education and Social Care is a single, integrated department which brings together Education; Social Work support for Children and Families; Community Care services for adults; and Lifelong Learning, Culture and Sports.
Our vision:- Ambitious to Achieve Excellence Together
- Ensuring people's outcomes remain at the heart of what we do
- Ensuring effective partnership working
- Supporting, enabling and encouraging people, their families and local communities to achieve what is important to them
- Actively promoting early intervention
- Delivering accessible, consistent, equitable and high quality services
- Using our resources effectively and targeting our capacity appropriately and efficiently
- Engaging and involving through effective communication with everyone we work with
- Promoting equality
- Sharing and using our information openly and fully
- Creating a culture of self evaluation and continuous improvement
Education and Social Care is responsible for:
- Additional Support for Learning;
- Children and Families Social Work;
- Community Care;
- Community Learning & Development;
- Libraries & Information Services and Museums;
- Pre-School Provision;
- Sports Facilities and Swimming Pools.
If you have a general enquiry please contact
Tel: 01343 563374
Corporate Director (Education and Social Care)
Laurence Findlay:- Overall management, development and delivery of Education and Social Care. Main areas of responsibility: Community Care; Integrated Children's Services; Lifelong Learning, Culture & Sport; Schools and Curriculum Development.
Telephone: 01343 563530
Head of Community Care
Jane Mackie:- responsibility for Health and Social Care Teams. Design and delivery of service initiatives; working closely with support services to meet objectives of Moray Community Health and Social Care Partnership. Facilitates best performance management practice in collaboration with Moray Council and NHS Grampian.
Telephone: 01343 567122
Head of Integrated Children's Services
Susan Maclaren:- responsibility for Child Protection; Social Work; Early and Targeted Intervention; Looked After Children; Educational Psychology; Interrupted Learning; Fostering and Adoption; Throughcare/Aftercare; Commissioning Services; Sensory Impairment / English as an Additional Language; Criminal Justice.
Telephone: 01343 563584
Head of Lifelong Learning, Culture and Sport
Graham Jarvis:- responsibility for Sports and Culture Development; Lifelong Learning; Libraries and Museums; School Estate; Adult Literacies; ESOL; Community Safety; Anti-Social Behaviour; Active Schools.
Telephone: 01343 563365
Acting Head of Schools and Curriculum Development
Vivienne Cross:- responsibility for Nursery/Early Years Provision; Primary and Secondary Provision; Curriculum for Excellence; 16+ Learning Choices/Opportunities for All; Lead Officer HMI Inspection Programme, Quality Improvement, Curriculum Development, Policy Formation/Strategic Planning, Liaison with other departments/agencies.
Telephone: 01343 563411
Education and Social Care
The Moray Council
High Street, Elgin