Quarriers Carer Support Service Moray
As the Council commissioned service, Quarriers Carer Support Service (Moray) provides a variety of support to unpaid Carers, young and old, within the Moray area.
An unpaid carer is someone who without payment (except Carer’s Allowance) has the responsibility for providing or arranging care for:
- son or daughter
- brother or sister
- husband, wife or partner
Who, because of long term illness, disability or old age is not able to care for him or herself.
The Services Quarriers Carer Support Service (Moray) offers are:
- No Strings Attached Confidential Helpline - targeting Carers requiring anonymity who feel worried, isolated or alone because someone they are looking after has changed through drinking more than usual or taking drugs. Perhaps they have mental health issues and this is impacting on the family.
Call 01343 555031
- Adult Carer Support - emotional and practical help for Carers on a one to one basis.
- Young Carer Support - provided to Carers up to the age of 18. Support is provided to ensure the challenges of the caring situation are minimise and the young person can fulfil their potential
- Formal Carers’ Assessment - every Carer is legally entitled to request an assessment of their individual needs. This an opportunity for Carers to discuss their situation and identify what support they feel they need to continue in their caring role
- Advice and Information - queries are answered; solutions are found on a wide variety of subjects. Referrals are made to expert organisations where appropriate.
- Free Training provided on a range of topics that Carers have identified as necessary to aid their caring role. Fun and only lasting a couple of hours, sessions aim to improve knowledge, boost confidence and provide an opportunity to mix with other Carers.
- Care and Share Peer Support Groups empowering Carers to have a life of their own while sharing experiences with others and enjoying various fun activities from flower arranging to arts and craft making.
- Mobile Information Bus - making the service accessible at a local level.
- Self referral
- Referral from other agencies