FOI Request - Alcohol and Drug Testing
1. How many environmental service workers have failed a random drugs and/or alcohol test in the years since the George Square, Glasgow, bin lorry disaster in 2014? Could you also include a break down of each year? Can the information be separated in to drugs and alcohol tests?
2. Of those workers who have failed a random drugs and/or alcohol test, how many are licensed to drive a bin lorry?
3. And lastly, how many employees within the authority are licensed to drive a bin lorry?
1. The Council does not carry out random drug and alcohol testing.
2. N/A as per answer to Q1.
3. We have 168 drivers who possess the appropriate category of driving licence to drive a Moray Council HGV vehicle. However that does not mean that all 168 are authorised to drive such vehicles as they would require training before doing so.