FOI Request - Anti-Social Behaviour Enforcement Measures
A) Please confirm (a yes/no for each category will suffice) whether the council has, in the last three financial years, plus the current financial year to date, used any or all of the nine following enforcement measures to tackle anti-social behaviour in the area: 1) CBOs to address anti-social behaviour 2) Controlled Drinking Zones in place 3) issue Community Protection Notices 4) Dispersal Orders in particular areas 5) Injunctions to Prevent Nuisance and Annoyance 6) the Vagrancy Act to make arrests 7) operate Diverted Giving schemes 8)Public Space Protection Orders 9) employ defensive architecture
B) Please confirm (a yes/no for each category will suffice) whether the council has, in the last three financial years, plus the current financial year to date, used any, or all of the same enforcement measures to deal with rough sleeping/homelessness in the area:
C) For any yes answers to the above question please provide context, if available, as to how the powers have been used, to what extent (numerical data or anecdotal) and with what purpose.
D) Please also provide yes or no answers for each of the nine categories as to whether the council has any future plans to use any, or all, of the same measures to tackle rough sleeping in your area.
A) 1) - NO (assuming CBO is Criminal Behaviour Order and our equivalent is the ASBO in Scotland then none in last 3 years)
2) NO (Controlled Drinking Zones are not applicable in Scotland however there are byelaws in place to prevent drinking alcohol in public in the towns of Buckie, Elgin, Keith, Lossiemouth and Forres. These are geographic areas broadly matching town boundaries and enforced by Police Scotland.)
3) NO (not applicable in Scotland)
6) NO (not applicable in Scotland)
8) NO (not applicable in Scotland)
2) In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can advise that this information is not held. Please contact Police Scotland for this information. Contact details can be found here.
9) This is embedded into policy/process. The Designing Out Crime policies are considered throughout the planning process and during the planning and design for significant developments, Moray Council as part of a formal consultation process liaise with the relevant Dept within Police Scotland.
D) NO to all points