Privacy Notice - Appeal against planning decision to DPEA (Planning and Environmental Appeals Division of Scottish Government)
The Data Controller of the information being collected is Moray Council.
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or 01343 562633. You can also consult the information available at the Information Commissioner's websites, ico.org.uk
This privacy statement relates to the following process:
Appeal against planning decision to DPEA (Planning and Environmental Appeals Division of Scottish Government)
Your information is being collected to use for the following purposes:
Personal data is required for the consideration of the application and for issue of decision whether to uphold (allow) or dismiss the appeal
The legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• Processing is necessary to comply with the data controller's legal obligations.
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller (i.e. Moray Council).
Where sensitive/special category data is being processed (e.g. health information, criminal convictions etc.) the legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest and is authorised by domestic law proportionate to the aim pursued.
The 'reason of substantial public interest' relates to:
Statutory etc. and government purposes
The consequences for witholding the required personal information would be:
DPEA unable to issue appeal decision
Your information will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
1) DPEA, Scottish Government - as decision-maker for appeal
2) Consultees, internal and external to Council - to provide comments/views from the relevant service and/or their area of interest
3) Cairngorms National Park Authority - for consultation purposes (where not subject to call in of application)
4) Grampian Assessors - for valuation purposes, once decision known
The personal data being used for this process includes:
Name, address, email, home phone number, mobile number and signature
Your data will be held by Moray Council for a pre-determined length of time. You can find all the information about how long we retain data for on our website: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_92820.html
Please note that you have the following rights:
• to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
• to request access to your personal data
• to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
• to request restriction of processing of your personal data (that is, to request that we halt any activity performed on your personal data), as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to any direct marketing
• to object to any processing undertaken for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics, as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to the processing activity