FOI Request Sleepovers
Could the local authority provide:
• The estimated cost to the local authority of introducing the Living Wage for all sleepover hours;
• Any additional funding the local authority is set to receive from the Scottish Government to meet the cost of introducing the Living Wage for all sleepover hours;
• The local authority’s planned reaction to the introduction of the Living Wage for all sleepover hours including when the Living Wage will be rolled out and any planned reduction in the number of sleepover shifts utilised;
• Any correspondence (e.g. emails, letters, minutes, agendas) between the local authority and the Scottish Government relating to introducing the Living Wage for all sleepover hours?
1. The additional costs relate to sleepover hours provided through commissioned services. Costs from October 2016 to 31 March 2017 were £291,000. For the year to 31 March 2018, the Council anticipates an additional £93,000 of expenditure giving a total of £384,000. At present, it is anticipated that an additional £281,000 will be required in 2018/19, giving total costs of £665,000.
2. The Council received funding in 2016/17 to fund all the additional costs relating to the Living Wage. Amounts relating to sleepovers was not specifically identified. In 2017/18, the allocation to Moray to fund sleepovers was identified at £163,000.
3. We have introduced the living wage for all of our sleepover shifts and do not have any planned reductions for sleepovers at present.
4. There is no correspondence from commissioning to the Scottish government in relation to the introduction of the living wage for all sleepover hours therefore this information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Information Not Held.