FOI Request Scanners
The movement away from paper to digital processes has been on-going for some time now. One part of a comprehensive digitisation strategy is the use of scanners to create digital versions of paper documents. Below is my freedom of information request regards your use of scanners. Not multi-functional devices, but paper document Scanners, DM systems and EPR systems. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at this address.
• How many employees do you currently have?
• How many scanners (not multifunctional devices) do you currently have to scan paper based documents?
• Which brand do you use (i.e. Brother, Canon, Fujitsu, Kodak Alaris etc)?
• Which scanner model do you mainly use?
• Who supplies these scanners?
• Do you have a contract for these scanners?
• If so, when does this expire?
• What Document Management system(s) do you use?
• What Electronic Patient Record (EPR)/Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) do you currently use?
•What is the name, job title, and email address of the person responsible for your scanner fleet?
3. Mainly Fujitsu and one wide format Colortrac scanner.
4. Fujitsu fi-5220C and fi-6770, Colortrac SmartLF SC Xpress 42c
5. The scanners were purchased via the Scottish Procurement IT Peripherals framework contract.
6. See above.
7. New framework expected to be in place Jan 2018; the expiry date is not known at this stage.
8. Microsoft SharePoint, Idox DMS, Civica W2
9. Not applicable, this request should be sent direct to NHS Grampian for this information.
10. Most of the scanning in the Council is done via MFDs. Any scanners that are required over and above this are purchased by ICT Services via the framework detailed above. Contact is the ICT Infrastructure Manager.