FOI Request Domestic Violence
For the years 2016, 2015, 2014,2013 2012
- Please disclose the budget for women's refuges in your area.
- Please disclose the actual amount spent in each of those years and how that money was spent
- In 2016, how many women with no recourse to public funds did you offer to support under the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 or otherwise?
- How many children have you offered to take into care where the mother has no recourse to public funds so is unable to obtain accommodation?
1 and 2. The actual and budgeted payments for women’s refuges in our area for the years requested is shown below ( the Housing Needs Manager states that the figure is for both budgeted and for actual costs as contracts are agreed beforehand and prices don’t go over and above after this)
The money went towards support services for women and children experiencing domestic abuse. Services included supported accommodation, community support and out of hours listening/advice phone line.
3. This information is exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) act 2002- Personal Information. Numbers less than 5 are deemed disclosive as individuals may be identifiable.