FOI Request Library Bans and Fines
Please provide me with information regarding libraries for each of the last five financial years.
- How many people were registered to use library services at the beginning of each financial year?
- How many people were banned from library services during the last five years and, if possible, please specify when and where each ban took place and for what reason.
- How many people in total are banned from libraries in the council area?
- How many library fines were issued in each of the last five financial years, and what was the total cost of the issued fines each year?
- What was the largest fine issued each year?
- How many of these were paid, and what did this total?
- How many fines ever issued by library services are still outstanding, and what is the total monetary value?
|Year||Total Number of Registered Borrowers|
2. 2 in Lossiemouth library during 2017 and 1 in Elgin Library in 2015 for unacceptable and threatening behaviour.
3. 2 as above
Q4 - 7. In accordance with Section 17 the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, we can confirm that this information is not held as we we do not record or report this information.