FOI Request Outgoing Mail Costs
1) How does your organisation pay for postage on outbound mail?
• Franking machine
• Royal Mail PPI or OBA account
• Downstream Access provider
• Hybrid Mail solution
• Other (please specify)
2) Please advise how you manage any mailshots.
• In-house using manual mail production and apply postage.
• Outsourced to a mailing house for print, fulfilment and postage
• A combination of the above, depending on the number of recipients and mail piece content
3) Are you aware of total spend per piece for outbound mail, including printer costs, pre-printed stationery, any folding or inserting machine costs, envelopes, franking machines (and consumables,) staff resources and energy costs?
• 1st class (single page colour, simplex)
• 2nd class (single page colour, simplex)
• Large letter (5 pages colour, duplex)
4) What is your overall spend on outbound mail pa?
5) When will you next review your outbound mail process and/or suppliers?
6) How do you ask potential suppliers to engage with your organisation to introduce products or services?
7) Do you use a tendering website or purchasing consortium? If so, please specify
8) Are you bound to purchase from a CCS Registered Supplier (if any cost thresholds apply, please specify.)
1) ? Franking machine- YES
? Royal Mail PPI or OBA account- BOTH
? Downstream Access provider-NO
? Hybrid Mail solution -YES
? Other (please specify) - SPRAYED AND INVOICED BY WHISTL
2) A COMBINATION.
3) FRANKING MACHINE RENTAL £3,389.00 - Individual mail costs are not available therefore this information is Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information Not Held
4) PERIOD 04/16 TO 03/17
TOTAL SPEND £103,345.32.
1ST CLASS £20,675.73,
2ND CLASS £82,699.59
5) 3 years
6) All Tender Opportunities are advertised on Public Contract Scotland Website
7) Public Contracts Scotland