FOI Request Temporary Accommodation (2)
1. The number of people who have been housed in temporary accommodation after making a homelessness application in each of the past six years. Please provide a breakdown for each year.
2. The number of people in each of the different types of temporary accommodation after making a homelessness application in each of the past six years. By 'type of temporary accommodation' I mean hostels, B and Bs, council properties, private rentals, etc. The answer to this could look something like this:
2011 x in Hostels; y in private rentals, etc
Please provide a breakdown for each year.
3. The average length of time people spent in temporary accommodation after making a homelessness application to the council in each of the past six years. Please provide a breakdown for each year.
4. The gross cost to the council of temporary accommodation for people who made homelessness applications in each of the past six years.
Please provide a breakdown of costs for each year by each type of accommodation (2011 £x on Hostels; £y on private rentals, etc.; 2012....)
5. The gross cost of payments to private companies/private individuals who provide temporary accommodation for people who made homelessness applications in each of the past six years. (Eg landlords who own hostels that are used as temporary accommodation; private companies that run centres, etc).
Please provide the names of these private companies/individuals and details of all payments made to each over the last six years. (Eg Company X received £x in 2012, £y in 2013)
I would like this information in electronic form, preferably as a CSV file.
|Q1,2 & 3||2011/2012||2012/2013||2013/2014||2014/2015||2015/2016||2016/2017|
|No of households||Average stay||No of households||Average stay||No of households||Average stay||No of households||Average stay||No of households||Average stay||No of households||Average stay|
|Temporary Accommodation Type|
|B & B||5||77||2||2||3||11||43||6||68||6||138||8|
|Private sector lease||0||0||0||0||5||70||24||116||0||0||0||0|
|Total No of households||615||666||481||647||669||679|
|2014 classification change from Hostel-other now showing Womens refuge separately|
|2015 classification change Cameron Park Brae, Elgin classified as LA Dwelling instead of Hostel-LA|
|2015 classification change St Andrews Court, Buckie classified as Housing Association/RSL instead of Hostel-RSL|
|Historical data will differ due to this.|
|B & B||3441.52||323.85||384.29||14420.65||24782.69||46935.86|
|Non secure tenancies Council & RSL owned)||563587.41||432899.48||395663.36||387910.51||431770.02||446629.55|
|Covesea Road, Elgin- We have 10 units of shared accommodation for young people of both genders aged 16-24 where support is provided by SACRO|
|Moray Womens Aid-We use 10 units of temporary accommodation for single women or women with children who have ben subject to domestic abuse|
|Guildry House, Elgin-We use 10 units of shared accommodation. There is no age or gender restriction. The service is provided by SACRO for those with addictions.|
Q5. This information is exempt under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Excessive cost of compliance. Our finance department advise the following:
Actual spend would have to come from the Accounts Payable system which holds spend against suppliers. We would have to scrutinise all transactions for each of these suppliers to establish which ones were for temporary accommodation as these are not recorded separately. Some payments requested may also be one offs and so would not have an account but be paid though a sundry account – this would need even more analysis as we would need transaction level just to establish supplier and then for this to be cross referenced with Housing department's records for identification as a payment for temporary accommodation which was paid for this purpose. The time it would take to do this work would absolutely exceed the 40 hour limit set out by the SIC.