FOI Request Taxi Journeys To and From School
- How many taxi journeys to (and from) school does the local authority provide to school pupils per day / week/ year? If possible, please distinguish between “one off” journeys & those occurring regularly.
- What is the total cost of providing these taxis each year? (Please provide data for the last 5 years if available)
- Please identify which, if any, of these taxi journeys are provided to children with a disability.
- How many taxi firms does the local authority use to provide journeys to and from school to children? If possible, please name the firms.
1. There are no "one off" journeys. From current contracts 148 journeys per day. In school year 2017/2018 there will be 190 days therefore 28120 per year estimated.
3. 103 pupils have Additional Support Needs from the current lists
4. The companies that provide vehicles with less than 8 seats for school contracts:-
CU There Taxis
Portknockie Contract Hire